Saturday 15 August 2015

B.C. Badlands

To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. (Kurt Vonnegut)

At the end of May this year, my wife and I embarked on an ambitious and lengthy road trip to the west coast of Canada. We saw a wonderful variety of landscape, all indicative of this beautiful country of ours. On the return leg of our journey, we headed through British Columbia on the Trans Canada Highway. Between Lytton and Kamloops (you can’t make these names up) we passed through a section of badlands and a town called Cache Creek. At the side of the highway was what appeared to be an old pioneer church with a background of undulating, barren foothills with gashes of red earth. It was astounding and I knew I had to capture it. I have now added it to a growing collection of sketches and paintings of a memorable trip.

Cache Creek (14" x 10")

No comments:

Post a Comment